Saturday, May 25, 2013

Inspiration Avenue Challenge-Retro

Over at Inspiration Avenue this week, Maggie proposed that we create something that was reminiscent of the 1950's and 60's.  "Retro" and "Mid-Century" are two adjectives that take me back to my childhood.  I can hardly believe that my favorite songs while growing up are now "Oldies."  That just seems wrong to me!  Still, there's no denying it.  I was born during that time.  Even though my favorite toys are now considered vintage, I am glad that I'm not an antique yet!  (Or am I?)

I started with a cute little picture of little girls posing at the beach (above) and then found some great advertisements and pin up girls in swim suits.  It evolved into a collage filled with images that reference those years for me. The cute little girls never made it into the finished collage.  I hope this taps a few memories for you.  (Of course there's a mermaid!  How could I leave her out?)
I hope you'll pop over to IA to see the other retro images.  Here's the link.  Retro Time Machine
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. "it's summer somewhere" - reminds me of "it's five o'clock somewhere" I hear so often. I think I like the summer better though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look a bit to find the mermaid...she's quite preoccupied with her handsome dates (who wouldn't be?). Now I see there are actually 2 mermaids, one is shy and the other one not so much... I love the "endless summer" theme ~ your beach babes are gorgeous and having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beach images, so full of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.