Thursday, May 15, 2014

Trying to Save the World

I've been trying to save the world lately.  Of course, I realize that I can't do it.  Not by myself.  I've been focusing on cats and dogs who are at the San Bernardino animal shelter.  I feel like I've done a lot in the three weeks since I started.  But there is so much more to do.  I view continuous posts of cats with kittens needing rescues to foster them, kittens who will not survive a full day in the shelter if they aren't rescued because they are underage, dogs and puppies who have been abandoned.  Sometimes, I just sit and cry about it.  It tears me up inside.

But I've met so many wonderful people who feel like I do.  They do all kinds of things to help.  Some go to the shelter and walk the dogs.  Others take videos and photos of the animals for adoption and post them online.  Some give donations, while others simply pass on the information to their friends.  There are families who volunteer to foster animals.  Sometimes I help with the transfer of the animal from the shelter to the foster home.  I dedicated a page on facebook here so I could reflect on the lives saved whenever it gets to be too much for me.  Right now, I have been fighting a virus and don't feel very well.  That doesn't help with the sadness.  So, here is what's left for me to do.
I'm not a religious person in any traditional way but I do consider myself to be spiritual.  I'm trying really hard to let go and accept what I can do to make these shelter animals' lives a little bit better.  Thank you for stopping by and please visit my Pets in Peril page to see some good news. 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Lou Anne!! It's nice to actually read about people who care and want to make a difference in the world! Keep up the good work and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! We can all make a difference in our own ways.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.