Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Collage Obsessions Challenge-Faces

Tomorrow the United States Senate is supposed to vote on a gun-control issue.  The compromises they are making do not feel adequate to me.  This collage was created in honor of the 26 souls lost in the December 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.  I believe our nation has a long way to go with creating sane legislation on gun control.  I also believe that the friends and families of people lost to gun violence deserve to have a vote in the Senate, as well as in the House of Representatives.  Tomorrow will be a start but this issue is far from being over.
26 Faces

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is a powerful and inspiring piece of art. I'm so glad you participated in Collage Obsession this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lovely honour - I hope something changes tomorrow, these crimes are getting way too common

    ReplyDelete
  3. A moving tribute beautifully executed.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very effective and someway very beautiful art. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.